Grooming King Charles (before & after)
Grooming King Charles Cavalier: Mrv. Jensen (female)
Longer under the body & fringed behind the front legs.
Focussing on the paw pads and ears.
Maintenance Paws & Nails
- The paws are very sensitive, especially between the paw pads. To help your dog be more comfortable with paw maintenance (trimming, nails, etc), stimulate the areas between the paw pads to help your dog get used to contact in these sensitive areas.
- Fur growing between the paw pads must be kept short. The fur not only collects dirt, but it also can eliminate traction and reduce the sense of touch. Fur growing over the paw pads is like wearing socks all the time which can cause the dog to slip on slick surfaces.
- Fur between the paw pads can get matted and collect gum and other matting material. This can become extremely uncomfortable for the dog.
- Dog's nails are filed automatically by walking on rough surfaces (sidewalk/ street). Long fur on the underside of the paw prevents the natural filing of the claws. Claws should be kept short for safety and comfort.
- Becasue black claws can only by trimmed by a professional or someone with experience, it is I recommend intentionally walking the dog on rough surfaces to promote the natural filing of the claws that can become extremely uncomfortable & even painful for a dog.must be kept short.